We require a School Caretaker to work 5 hours per week over 39 weeks of the year.
This is a Scale 5 pt. 12-15 (£2540 approx. salary per annum)
Required November 2020 (or as soon as possible).
Our outstanding (Ofsted 2019) stand-alone maintained nursery school is within walking distance of the world famous Kew Gardens. Our school has a 78 place mainstream nursery and an 8 place specialist provision for children with social and communication conditions, both for three and four year olds. We also offer places to 24 two year old children in our separate provision.
We are looking for a School Caretaker that has:
- An understanding of the ethos of a school.
- Can demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc.)
- Can demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Awareness of COSHH regulations, applying knowledge gained as appropriate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils and contractors.
- We are seeking an exceptional individual who has a great manner with parents, children and other stakeholders to join our fantastic team. Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the school business manager for an informal conversation.
Closing date: Sunday 1st November 2020
Shortlisting date: Monday 2nd November 2020
Interview date: TBC
If this vacancy isn't suitable for you please look on www.eteach.co.uk for more school jobs in the area. Thank you