Admissions for mainstream Nursery
For information about eligibility for admissions under the Local Authority regulations please refer to the booklet entitled ‘A Parent’s Guide to Starting Nursery’, available from the school office or online.
We take children into the Nursery in the September after their 3rd birthday. You are invited to contact us the year before your child would be due to start nursery to book an appointment for a guided tour. Tour dates are available at: http://www.windham.richmond.sch.uk/school-information/admissions/tour-dates
If you think your child is eligible for a priority place e.g. they have a statement of Special Educational Need you must make this clear at the time of application enclosing any supporting evidence. Priority for admission to the Nursery will be given to those families living closest to the school.
Application forms for September intake need to be returned by 31st March. Places will be offered the by of May for upcoming September. Please use to below link to apply.
Process for offering places
- Parents living closest to the school will be offered a place first, this means that morning places are usually allocated to parents living closest to the school.
- Parents stating a preference for an afternoon place more often than not have their request fulfilled
- Parents wanting a morning place after all morning places have been allocated can request to be put on a waiting list. There can be no guarantee a morning place will become available.
- Any morning places which do subsequently become available will continue to be offered out in terms of proximity to the school not on any ‘position’ on a waiting list
- The offering out process can take up until the October of the year of admittance. The school would continue to work through on- time applications. Then work down the list of late applications.
If you have an admissions query please call 0208 831 6060 or e-mail email@example.com.