Admissions for mainstream nursery
Apply NOW for places in the 2 Year Old and 3 Year Old Provision for September 2018.
For information about eligibility for admissions under the Local Authority regulations please refer to the booklet entitled ‘A Parent’s Guide to Starting Nursery’, available from the school office or online.
We take children into the Nursery in the September after their 3rd birthday. You are invited to contact us the year before your child would be due to start nursery to book an appointment for a guided tour. Tour dates are available at: http://www.windham.richmond.sch.uk/school-information/admissions/tour-dates
If you think your child is eligible for a priority place e.g. they have a statement of Special Educational Need you must make this clear at the time of application enclosing any supporting evidence. Priority for admission to the Nursery will be given to those families living closest to the school.
Application forms are available from the school office, or an electronic copy is available at the link below. If you print out the application form at home to fill in, please drop it into our reception, or post it to us. We need your signature to make the application valid and so cannot accept emailed forms.
Application forms for September 2018 need to be returned by 16th March 2018. Places will be offered after the 4th May 2018.
Please check link to see the distances for our families who attend Windham for our 2016/2017 intake https://batchgeo.com/map/401feffb30e46e00f7e5759859177a3b
Process for offering places
- Parents living closest to the school will be offered a place first, this means that morning places are usually allocated to parents living closest to the school.
- Parents stating a preference for an afternoon place more often than
- not have their request fulfilled
- Parents wanting a morning place after all morning places have been allocated can request to be put on a waiting list. There can be no guarantee a morning place will become available.
- Any morning places which do subsequently become available will continue to be offered out in terms of proximity to the school not on any ‘position’ on a waiting list
- The offering out process can take up until the October of the year of admittance. The school would continue to work through on- time applications. Then work down the list of late applications.
If you have an admissions query please call Leanne Corneille between 12.00pm and 4.00pm Monday to Friday or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.